Who's ready for spring? Tonight we get to lose an hour of sleep, but it's totally worth it for the extra daylight to bring us out of the winter blahs. I don't mind winter, but I definitely am ready when spring gets here.
We started some seeds this week - bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, basil, parsley, & eggplant. Last year by this time we had lettuce & spinach planted outside already. It's hard to believe. I can't wait for things to start growing!
Lots of yummy eats this week, although mostly they were re-heated from leftovers. I'm slowly emptying out my freezer to make room for the coming summer produce. It's amazing how much it can hold!
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Veggie & egg sandwiches on rye bread
- Sunflower seed coconut granola
- Angela's Easy Vegan and Gluten-Free Pancakes with blueberries - These were made with buckwheat & they were perfect! Nice & fluffy with lots of plump berries throughout. They also reheated well in the toaster.
- Baked apple cider donuts topped with almond butter
- Overnight oatmeal
- Orange muffins (from the freezer) topped with almond butter
- Bananas + pb
- Oh My Veggies' Slow Cooker Corn & Red Pepper Chowder - I used the last of our frozen corn from last summer in this soup & it was totally worth it. Aside from some initial chopping, this came together with very little work, and it was full of flavor!
- Angela's Thai Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers with Spicy Peanut Sauce - We loved these! The thai flavors really came through and the peanut sauce was the perfect topper.
- Grapefruit, oranges, & apples
- Homemade pizza
- Green salad
- Ashley's 1-Pan Vegan Enchilada Bake with Cauliflower Nacho Sauce - This was a winner enchilada recipe! And the cauliflower nacho sauce was awesome!
- Green salad
Out to eat at the Chocolate Ave. Grill
- Hummus trio with pitas
- Spinach salad with portobello mushroom (me)
- Portobello mushroom sandwich (W)
- Leftover bean burgers
- Roasted sweet potato wedges
- Tempeh with zucchini slices
- Recipe.com's Basic Roasted Fennel